College Email Account Support
Students: To learn how to apply for your college email account, please visit the College Email Accounts webpage. You'll find more information by clicking on the "Student College Email" icon in the MyPortal apps section. (Be sure to read the instructions and FAQs in MyPortal.)
Pay special attention to the following items:
- Student College Email Accounts are only for current students and get deactivated after one (1) quarter if a person is no longer enrolled in any classes.
- If you have just registered for a class you need to wait at least five (5) hours before you can request an email address.
- If you have not received a notification email at your primary email address within twenty-four (24) hours of submitting your Student Email Application, please go back to the Student College Email page in MyPortal and try the Login link.
- You must always enter email@example.com into the Email, phone, or Skype field on any website/app asking for your Microsoft account login information (e.g. Microsoft 365, Office, Outlook, etc.).
If you've already consulted those sites and items and you are still having trouble with requesting or accessing your college email account, the Office of College Life may be able to help.
To request assistance, send an email from your personal email account to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include all of the following information.
- Campuswide ID (CWID)
- Cell/Mobile phone number
- Personal email address
- College email address – either a student account ending in @student.deanza.edu or @student.foothill.edu, or if you're a student employee, an account ending in @deanza.edu, @foothill.edu, or @fhda.edu
- State the issue(s) you are having with your college email address
- Copied and pasted text (not images) of any and all error messages
- Copied and pasted URLs (web addresses) for any and all error messages (not images)
- Screenshots of any and all error messages showing the full browser windows including both the messages and the addresses (images)
- Any other relevant information
We will respond within two business days, and will do everything we can to provide support.