Implementing the EMP
Celebrate Your Good Work!
Visit the Session 2 webpage to view the slideshows celebrating what's working well at De Anza, along with department and program compliment cards. You can also submit a Colleague Compliment Card that will be emailed to the recipient.
De Anza is now implementing its Educational Master Plan (EMP) for 2022-2027, in a process that will involve collegewide engagement through the current academic year and beyond.
The EMP includes four institutional initatives that will frame efforts to increase enrollment and improve outcomes for key student population groups, while drawing on the important work of De Anza's Student Equity Plan and Guided Pathways project to achieve cultural and structual change.
- Read more about the EMP and download the final document
- Learn about the collegewide strategic planning process that led to its development
With authorization from the College Planning Committee, the tri-chairs who led the strategic planning process are now coordinating the implementation work. In spring 2023, they invited leaders across campus to participate in a summer workshop as preparation for implementation sessions that will be held during the 2023-24 academic year.
The first of these sessions was held during the college Opening Day event on Sept. 21, 2023. Additional sessions will be held in November and during winter quarter.
- Session 1 (Opening Day, Sept. 21): Hands-on activity to identify what's working well and what can be improved
- Session 2 (Nov. 30): Celebrating great work!
- Session 3 (Date TBA):
- Reporting back on Opening Day feedback and how potential changes are being addressed
- Employees encouraged to join initiative teams and begin developing action plans
- Session 4 (Date TBA): Reviewing and finalizing action plans
- Strategic Planning Implementation – presentation on De Anza's Opening Day on Sept. 21, 2023
- Educational Master Plan – presentation to the Foothill-De Anza Board of Trustees on June 12, 2023
- Educational Master Plan 2022-2027 – downloadable report
The EMP is the culmination of a year-long process initiated in fall 2021 by President Lloyd A. Holmes, who appointed three tri-chairs to coordinate the effort:
- Lydia Hearn, English Instructor and former Interim Associate Vice President, Instruction
- Mallory Newell, Supervisor, Institutional Research, Planning and Accreditation
- Marisa Spatafore, Associate Vice President, Communications and External Relations
To learn more about De Anza's strategic planning work and read the Educational Master Plan (EMP) for 2022-2027, please visit the EMP website at deanza.edu/emp.