Conference and Travel Funds
Travel and conference funds are administered by the Office of Professional Development and awarded by the De Anza College Conference and Travel Funds Committee.
In order to ensure equitable funding throughout the year, funds are divided among summer, fall, winter, and spring quarters.
$105,600 in conference and travel funds are available for De Anza full-time and eligible part-time faculty for 2023-24 .
ACE Classified Professionals Funds
$20,000 in conference and travel funds are available for De Anza classified and classified hourly professionals for 2023-24.
The Office of Professional Development does not process conference or travel funds for supervisors or management staff.
Instructions and applications may be obtained from this district link:
Education, Travel and Conference Funds
Funding provides opportunities for faculty and classified professionals to attend seminars, workshops and conferences that are related to teaching and learning, job enhancement and professional development. Examples of acceptable activities include:
- Attending online, off-campus and on-campus professional conferences, workshops or seminars.
- Visiting other colleges or industry settings to review exemplary programs.
Please submit your application 3-4 weeks before the activity you wish to attend, in order to allow enough time for the submission and review process. Applications must be approved by the committee prior to travel.
Application Review Schedule
- Fall – activities that occur in the fall quarter – reviews begin fourth week of September
- Winter – activities that occur in the winter quarter – reviews begin first week of November
- Spring – activities that occur in the spring quarter – reviews begin second week of February
- Summer – activities that occur in the summer session – reviews begin second week of May
Conference and Travel Funds Committee
- Sal Breiter, Faculty Coordinator, Office of Professinal Development, Committee Chair
- Christina Huaching Cho, Child Development Center
- Claudia Guzman, Office of Professional Development
- Allison Largent, International Student Advisor, DSO
- Debbie Lee, Division Dean, Intercultural/International Studies
- Kristin Skager, Division Dean, Creative Arts (Acting)
- Amy Leonard, English
- James Nguyen, Political Science