Please Plan Ahead!
Under the district Board Policy 7400, all international travel must be approved in advance by the Chancellor (except for travel by employees of the International Student Programs and Study Abroad programs when it's required as part of their duties.)
Please allow several weeks to complete the approval process for international travel!
Applicants are encouraged to wait for official approvals to purchase travel arrangements as approval is not guaranteed.
International Travel Procedure
- Employee completes a De Anza College Staff Revitalization and Professional Conference
and Travel Funds Application and an International Travel Authorization Form. On the International Travel Authorization Form, the employee indicates the total
cost if the trip, “De Anza College Staff Revitalization Funds,” as the Source of Funding,
and a maximum of “$1600.00” as the Total from the General Fund. If secondary funding
has been approved from other general funds, the amount and name of the fund should
also be included in these fields.
- Employee submits both the Staff Revitalization and Professional Conference and Travel
Funds Application and International Travel Authorization Form, with appropriate supportive
documentation, to his/her dean/supervisor.
- The dean/supervisor signs the Staff Revitalization and Professional Conference and
Travel Funds Application and International Travel Authorization Form (if the division
is not contributing any funding then leave the budget information blank) and returns
them to the applicant, then the dean/supervisor immediately notifies their Vice President’s
Office that a potential international travel request is being made.
- Once the employee receives the dean/supervisor’s signature on the application, the
employee follows the regular processes for submitting the entire application packet
to the Office of Professional Development (original application, supportive documents,
and International Travel Authorization Form.) The staff record receipt of the application
packet, scan it, and forward it to the appropriate Vice President for review/approval.
- If the application packet is approved by the Vice President, then the packet will
be forwarded to the President for review/approval. If the President approves and signs
the application and authorization form, then it will be sent to the Chancellor's Office
for the Chancellor’s authorization. (If the application is denied by either the Vice
President or President, then the employee and the Office of Professional Development
will be notified by the AVP/VP of Instruction that funding has been denied and does
not need to go forward to the committee.)
- The Office of Professional Development, upon confirming the Chancellor's approval
of the International Travel Authorization Form, places the application packet in the
queue for the appropriate Staff Revitalization and Professional Conference Funds Committee
meeting for the committee to consider the application for funding and notifies the
employee and the dean. (If the Chancellor denies the application then the President’s
Office will be notified, who will notify the appropriate Vice President, the employee,
and the Office of Professional Development that funding has been denied and does not
need to go forward to the committee.)
- The Staff Revitalization and Professional Conference Funds Committee makes a decision
on awarding funds and sends the conference funds award-approval letter, the trip voucher
and the authorized International Travel Authorization Form to the employee.
- Upon completion of their activity, the employee submits their Trip Voucher, receipts and proof of payment, the authorized International Travel Authorization Form, and their activity report to the Office of Professional Development for processing, adhering to the due date on the Trip Voucher.