Updates for Winter and Spring
- See below for important tips and resources to make the most of your time at De Anza!
- Student services are available on campus and online. See how to reach student services.
- Find more programs and services: Check the Student Information Toolkit
- Bookmark this webpage and check back regularly for new updates
Offices will be closed and there will be no classes during the Memorial Day holiday on Friday-Monday, May 25-27. Check the academic calendar for more important dates and deadlines
Use the New FAFSA for 2024-25
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) has been improved and streamlined for 2024-25. If you're planning to apply for financial aid for next year, there are some important changes that you'll want to know about – including a new deadline for Cal Grants. Learn more and find helpful tips and videos at deanza.edu/financialaid/apply/new-fafsa.
Park Free on Campus
Under a temporary policy, students can park free on campus through spring 2024, without purchasing a parking permit.
- Students should continue to park only in spaces designated for students.
- Visit the Parking Information website to learn more.
Visit the Resource Hub
If you are struggling to meet basic needs – such as food, housing or other services – you can stop by the new Resource Hub in Room 143 of the Registration & Student Services (RSS) Building, down the hall from the Bookstore. They're open
- Monday-Thursday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (closed from noon-1 p.m.)
- Friday from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
You can also find assistance online at deanza.edu/resources
Are You a Student and a Parent?
You can find helpful resources on campus and in the surrounding community by checking the new Resources for Student Parents webpage.
Need Tech Support?
Visit the Student Tech Support webpage for assistance with using MyPortal, getting a student email account, borrowing a computer, printing on campus and more!
Find Places to Zoom on Campus
If you’re taking a mix of online and on-campus classes, you can count on having a place to Zoom on campus. We've designated several spaces on campus where you will find power outlets and a good Wi-Fi signal. Look for the Zoom Spaces sign or check the map to find a location that's convenient for you.
Retroactive Pass/No Pass Requests
De Anza has extended the deadlines for requesting Pass/No Pass retroactively for certain quarters during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- You can request Pass/No Pass retroactively for classes taken in
- Winter or spring of 2022
- Winter, spring, summer or fall of 2021
- Winter, spring, summer or fall of 2020
- Before choosing Pass/No Pass, there are some important things you should consider: For example, some transfer universities may not accept Pass grades for certain requirements. It's a good idea to meet with a counselor to discuss this and other options before selecting Pass/No Pass.
- To learn more about these important considerations and how to submit a request, visit our Pass/No Pass webpage.
What's On This Website?
How to Reach Student Services
- Student services are available online and on campus.
- Appointments may be required for some in-person visits to campus offices.
- Face masks are strongly recommended and may be required in some offices or classrooms.
COVID-19 Vaccination No Longer Required
The Board of Trustees for the Foothill-De Anza Community College District voted on April 3, 2023, to end the district's COVID-19 vaccination requirement, effective July 3, 2023, which means proof of vaccination is no longer required for students or employees.
The district is following current guidance from Santa Clara County and encourages everyone to stay up-to-date with their COVID-19 vaccinations, including boosters if eligible.
Masks Recommended, May Be Required in Some Classrooms or Offices
Face masks are strongly recommended on campus, and may be required in some offices or by individual instructors in their classrooms.
- Your mask should cover your mouth AND nose at all times.
- See the Face Mask Information webpage for details and locations where you can get a free mask.
- Please continue to practice social distancing and follow any posted instructions
Find more information about the requirements for coming to campus at deanza.edu/vax.
Free COVID-19 Home-Test Kits
COVID Protocol for On-Campus Classes
COVID Reporting Forms
Students should use the new Student Self-Report Form to notify Health Services if they test positive for COVID-19.
Employees should use the new Employee Self-Report Form to notify Health Services and the district Human Resources office if they test positive, are exposed to someone with COVID-19 or develop COVID symptoms.
More COVID-Related Updates
Check the COVID Messages webpage for a complete archive of COVID-related messages from De Anza College and the Foothill-De Anza Community College District.
Online Education Center
- Student Resource Hub: Visit this site for tips, guides and answers to your questions about using Canvas, Zoom and other online learning tools that your classes may be adopting.
- Staying Organized: This webpage has advice for planning and staying on top of your online coursework.
- Canvas Help: Need technical support with Canvas? This page has information on how to get help.
- More Student Resources: Visit this page for more links and tips.
- Get Ready for Online Learning: This website has videos about getting "tech ready," managing your time, communicating with instructors and more.
Library, Reference and Technical Support
- Many Library resources are available online. Visit the Library website to learn more.
- Need reference help? You can chat online with a librarian, during designated hours. Visit the Library website and look for the red button.
- Need tech support? You can get assistance with Canvas, Zoom, MyPortal and other online learning tools or software, from the Library West Computer Lab's expert technicians. Use the form on the Computer Lab's webpage to request help.
Need a Computer or Tech Support?
- Check out the options to borrow a computer on campus by visiting the Need a Computer webpage.
- If you need software or tech support, visit the Student Tech Support webpage at deanza.edu/students/tech-support
- All De Anza students can get free access to Microsoft 365 software, including Word, Excel and OneDrive for online storage.
Tutoring and Skills Workshops
Tutoring and skills workshops are available via Zoom in many subjects.
- For Academic Skills, Listening and Speaking, Math and Science, Writing and Reading and General Subjects, visit the Student Success Center website.
- For tutoring help in Computer Information Systems (CIS) classes, visit the CIS tutoring webpage.
For tutoring after hours or on weekends: Visit the Student Success Center's Online Tutoring webpage for information about NetTutor via Canvas or Smarthinking via MyPortal.
LEAD Guide to Online Learning
- If you're a student who's also a parent, you'll find additional tips and resources at deanza.edu/resources/parents
- If you need a computer or tech support, visit the Student Tech Support webpage at deanza.edu/students/tech-support
- Find more programs and services by consulting the Student Information Toolkit at deanza.edu/students